Estoril, in Portugal, will this year be the European capital of fleet and mobility. On 6 December, the 2017 Fleet Europe Forum and Awards will take place. 2017, is also a vintage year for Fleet Europe, as we will celebrate our 20th anniversary. So, let nothing hold you back to benchmark your programme and developments and apply for the Fleet Europe Awards 2017.
The Fleet Europe Awards offer to the international fleet professionals the acknowledgment they deserve for developing best practices generating benefits for their company and creating new and innovative solutions for the industry.
Awards for international fleet managers
If you are a fleet manager, with international responsibilities, the jury, composed of of international fleet managers, lessors, car manufacturers, fleet specialists and representatives of Fleet Europe, will examine your application in these 5 categories:
- European Fleet Manager of the Year : the award recognises the person or the team, with European responsibilities, having most successfully developed an international fleet management strategy leading to an optimised TCO in line with corporate strategy. This Award category looks at the complete and overall vehicle fleet management approach.
- Previous winners: Raphaëlle Jeanneret, Novartis (2007) - Claus-Peter Krüger, Shell (2008) - Werner Berger, Nestlé (2009) – Bruce MacLaren, Microsoft (2010) – Ivor Johnson, Pfizer (2011) - Joe Carreira & Robert Patrick, MSD (2012) – Luc Dendievel, Johnson & Johnson (2013) – Michael Dana, FedEx (2014) – Christian Lindskov Alsoe, ISS World & Monste Empez Vidal, Applus (2015) – Andy Leeden, AstraZeneca & Carlo Bertolini, Chiesi Farmaceutici (2016)
- Global Fleet Manager of the Year: new this year, is the dedicated award for fleet managers with global responsibilities. The implementation of a global strategy is complex and requires specific skills. It will be the very first time that excellence in Global Fleet Management will be accoladed. The person or the team, managing a fleet at global level and having most successfully developed a global fleet approach will be rewarded with a dedicated Global Fleet Manager of the Year Award, presented by our sister platform Global Fleet.
- International Fleet Safety Award: the award is presented to a company that has successfully implemented a driver safety programme, within the framework of the CSR strategy and with a focus on driver behaviour. This Awards rewards a project or programme that improves the safety and limits incidents and accidents related to the vehicle fleet, whilst taking into account cost optimisation.
- Previous winners: Shell (2008) – BP (2009) – Coca-Cola Hellenic (2010) – Nalco Europe (2011) – Almirall (2012) – Nestlé (2013) – PMI (2014) – Vaillant Group (2015) – British American Tobacco (2016)
- International Fleet Mobility Award: the award is presented to a company that has successfully implemented a green project and/or initiative in efficient alternative mobility. The green and/or alternative mobility project combines eco-friendliness with employee productivity, customer satisfaction and cost optimisation.
- Previous winners : Akzo Nobel (2007) - Hewlett-Packard (2008) – Bayer & Barilla (2009) – Nokia Siemens Network &Accenture (2010) – 3M Europe (2011) – Bayer & BNP Paribas Fortis (2012) – Luxottica (2013) – Carglass & Allianz Managed Operations & Services (AMOS) (2014) – Orange (2015) – Royal DSM (2016)
- International Fleet Innovation Award: rewarding an innovative project in a specific field of fleet management (car policy, implementation, green, mobility or safety approach, driver satisfaction,…). A project can be rewarded if the jury decides that an initiative of the fleet managers applying for the Fleet Europe Awards 2017 stands out in the field of innovation and can be an inspiration for fleet management optimisation on a wider scale.
- Previous winners: Vodafone (2010) – IBM (2011) - BNP Paribas Fortis (2012) – Capgemini (2013) – ThyssenKrupp (2014) – Orange (2015)
International Fleet Industry Award
The achievements and innovative developments of the fleet suppliers will be celebrated in the category International Fleet Industry Award. A jury, composed exclusively of international Fleet Managers and representatives of Fleet Europe, will evaluate the tool, product or services from the Fleet Industry to help international fleet managers to improve their goals (TCO, sustainability, mobility, HR, fuel and CO2 reduction…).
- Previous winners: Arval Analytics (2010) – Mobileye Safety Device C2-270 (2011) - TCOplus Greencube & Fleetcube (2012) – Mobileye 5-Series (2013) – Athlon Flexdrive (2014) - ARI (2015) – XXIMO (2016)
International Fleet Hall of Fame
The International Fleet Hall of Fame Award celebrates industry leaders that have during their career contributed to the professionalism of the international fleet management profession. If you know someone with special merit in the fleet management profession, let us know.
- Previous winners: Tony Elliott (2010) – Gianluca Soma (2011) – Bruce MacLaren (2012) – Pascal Serres (2013) – Philippe Bismut (2014) – Mike Masterson (2015) – Jose Luis Criado (2016)
Start-Up of the Year
After the success of the first edition of the Smart Mobility Start-up Award, with no less than 24 participants, we are looking forward meeting the next generation of fleet and mobility suppliers. The Start-Up of the Year Award is celebrating start-ups, based in Europe and developing innovative and/or disruptive fleet and mobility services.
- Previous winners: WeProov, winner; Spiri, first runner-up; Assisto, second runner-up (2016)
To become a candidate for the Fleet Europe Awards 2017, please visit the Fleet Europe Forum and Awards website