Music lovers of a certain age will remember the REM song It’s the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine), an up-tempo ode to changing times, and the unknown opportunities they bring. That also happens to be the attitude and the title – well, almost – of the fourth annual Fleet Europe Remarketing Forum, to be held at Estoril in Portugal on the 5th of December, one day ahead of the Fleet Europe Forum and Awards.
So, is it really the end of remarketing as we know it? No, of course not, but the rapid, massive changes that are transforming the automotive industry as a whole will also have a profound effect on the international remarketing sector.
→ Technology is totally reshaping the way in which cars are remarketed: increasingly online, directly to end users, and across national borders.
→ As taxation and regulations take aim at diesel, its status as the preferred fleet fuel is increasingly under fire, which is predicted to have a major impact on residual values in the years to come.
→ And the culture shift from owning to sharing with new consumer behaviour is giving rise to different usage methods, also reshaping vehicle remarketing patterns.
In the next few years, these forces will change international remarketing – not gradually, but fundamentally. The fourth edition of the Fleet Europe Remarketing Forum will delve deep into these and other subjects that will prove crucial to the future of the sector. These changes pose challenges, but also present huge opportunities for remarketing professionals.The programme of the 2017 Fleet Europe Remarketing Forum will be built around five sessions:
1. The Bigger Remarketing Picture: the economic, geopolitical and technological evolution, and its potential impact on remarketing.
2. Present and Future Remarketing Challenges: cross-border trade and vehicle mileage fraud.
3. B2C and B2E: Business Models of the Future: new technology is making the rise for new business models unavoidable. But not everybody is convinced of the direction.
4. To diesel or not to diesel: clarifying the blurring diesel picture and the impact on residual values and remarketing.
5. Innovation and Inspiration: the nominees for the first-ever International Remarketing Award will give insights into innovation in remarketing.
As you can see, the best place to prepare for the future of international vehicle remarketing is Estoril, on the 5th of December. Click here to register!