These are the Czech Company Cars of the Year
For the eleventh time already, Fleet Europe Network partner FLEET organised the Czech Company Cars of the Years awards. In the picturesque setting of the Brevnov monastery in Prague, the most successful company cars and the most innovative fleet projects received their well-deserved trophies.
A jury of 100 managers from 100 companies from across the Czech Republic assessed the 44 nominated cars. Their votes are based on their expertise in various fleet management roles, from operational to strategic control, but also on their findings after the Test Days. The public also got its say as it could vote online for its favourite car in three categories. The editors of FLEET maagazine also elected their own New Company Car of the Year.
Richard Plos, editor-in-chief of FLEET magazine, said: „The Czech Company Car of the Year is historically the first survey of its kind here serving the jurors with multiple possibilities to test-try the nominated cars. We really try hard to persuade interesting managers from interesting companies to take part in the 100 strong jury every year. And we can say again we have representatives from some of the biggest fleet operators in Czech Republic participating this year, which is great! They are people with great experience and a critical eye when it comes to make a decision.”
For the first time, a series of new trophies were added to the more traditional awards: Plug-In Trophy, Hybrid Trophy, Cross Trophy and Off-Road Trophy. These new trophies reflect the evolution in contemporary car policy and fleet management.
The FLEET magazine also awards outstanding fleet products and services every year. For 2018, four new categories were defined: Innovation, Safety, Outsourcing and Ecology. Finally, the last two trophies go to the Fleet Manager of the year: one on the supplier side, the other one on the side of fleet operator representative.
2018 Company Car of the Year in the Czech Republic
- STANDARD: Citroën C3 Aircross
- BENEFIT: Ford Focus
- BENEFIT PLUS: Volvo XC40
- TOP: Mercedes-Benz CLS (NG)
- COMPACT VAN: Ford Transit Custom
- FULL SIZE VAN: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter (NG)
- PLUG-IN trophy: Volvo XC60 T8
- HYBRID trophy: Lexus LS 500h
- CROSS trophy: Volvo XC60
- OFF-ROAD trophy: Toyota Land Cruiser
New fleet car of the year
- NEW FLEET CAR OF THE YEAR: Ford Focus (NG)
Internet (public) voting
- BASIC COMPANY CAR: Toyota Auris Hybrid
- MANAGERIAL CAR: Peugeot 5008
- LIGHT UTILITY VEHICLE: Citroën Jumpy Furgon
FLEET AWARDS 2018
- INNOVATION: AG Experts for Mobile windshield repairs and changes
- SAFETY: DEKRA CZ for SafeMobility programme
- OUTSOURCING: ALD Automotive for ALD Operak programme
- ECOLOGY: MONETA Money Bank for Green MONETA initiative
Fleet Managers of the Year
- Fleet Manager of the Year (supplier): Pavel Hrabal, Komersia Auto (IVECO representative)
- Fleet Manager of the Year (flet operator): Rastislav Dobrovodsky, DANONE
Pictured: The winners with their trophies in front of the Brevnov monastery, Prague