Discover the 2017 Fleet Europe Awards nominees
This year, the most prestigious of awards in the fleet industry – the Fleet Europe Awards – are coming to Estoril, home to Portugal’s famous racing circuit. All eyes will be on the nominees of the five categories during the Fleet Europe Awards ceremony, on 6 December.
1. Awards for International Fleet Managers
Five different Award’s categories for fleet managers reward the international fleet managers who have implemented new and innovative solutions and management improvement to the industry:
- The European Fleet Manager of the Year goes to the person or the team with European responsibilities having most successfully developed an international fleet management strategy leading to an optimised TCO in line with corporate strategy.
- The Global Fleet Manager of the Year rewards the person or the team, managing a fleet at global level and having most successfully developed and implemented a global fleet approach keeping in mind regional differences and local preferences.
- The International Fleet Mobility Award goes to a company which has successfully implemented a green project or initiative in efficient alternative mobility for its employees taking into account cost-efficiency, stakeholder satisfaction and sustainability.
- The International Fleet Safety Award recognises a project or programme that improves the safety of the drivers and limits incidents and accidents related to the vehicle fleet, whilst taking into account cost optimisation.
- The International Fleet Innovation Award will reward a project that stands out in the field of innovation and can be an inspiration for fleet and mobility management optimisation on a wider scale.
Discover the nominees:
- Alexandra Melville, Global Category Lead, Accenture
- Michael Bieger, Sr. Director, Global Fleet Management, ADP
- Adriana Holban, Global Buyer & Reyes Gonzalez, Global Safety Manager, Heineken
- Tanya Roberts, Global Sourcing Manager Fleet, Merck KGaA
- Michael Pohl, Sr. Procurement Engagement Manager Fleet, Microsoft Corporation
- Prachi Misra, Sourcing Director, NCR
- Peter Szelenyi, Global Fleet Category Manager, Novartis
- Caty Ratchford, Global Fleet Manager, PespiCo
- Markus Falk, Head of Global Car Fleet, SAP SE
- Juergen Freitag, Senior Director Global Commodity Fleet, Siemens AG
- Lee Warner, Global Fleet Manager, Unilever
- Kim Stenberg, Head of Global Fleet Procurement, Vestas Wind Systems A/S
2. International Fleet Industry Award
With this category the business development and innovative solutions of the fleet management suppliers will be celebrated. The International Fleet Industry Award recognises the project from the fleet industry which most helps international fleet and mobility managers to achieve their goals (TCO, sustainability, mobility, HR, fuel and Co2 reduction…).
Here are the finalists for 2017:
- Allianz Automotive, with Flexible solutions for New Mobility providers & Autonomous shuttles
- Alphabet International, with Mobility Consulting Tool (MCT)
- Arval, with Integral Fleet
- Free2Move Lease, with Free2Move Connect Fleet
- Lojack, Calamp Group, with LOJACK® CONNECT
- Mobility Tech Green, with e-Colibri Carsharing technology
- NewMotion, with The Group Charge App & Automatic Reimbursement
- Tesla Inc, with Autopilot
- TomTom Telematics, with TomTom EV Service
- Valeo, with Mov’InBlue
For its second edition, the Smart Mobility Start-up Award is once again highlights start-ups based in Europe and developing innovative and/or disruptive fleet and mobility services. After a first selection by the jury of the Start-Up Award, 11 finalists were selected for the final round and you can now decide who will become the 2017 winner.
To discover the innovative companies which have entered the competition and the process to vote, click here.
4. International Car Remarketing Award
This year, Fleet Europe will highlight and recognise an important part of our industry: the Remarketing sector. The International Car Remarketing Award will be given to a player in the automotive remarketing sector which has developed an innovation that contributes to efficiency and transparency within the remarketing process. Nine contestants have submitted a dossier to the Fleet Europe Remarketing jury who has selected five finalists. The five nominees will present their remarketing tool to the jury via web conference on 15 November.
Here are the finalists:
- ALD Automotive (France), for QIGO.
- Auktion & Markt AG (Germany), for the Autobid.de app.
- DAT Consulting (Germany), for the Remarketing Health Check
- Autorola (Denmark), for INDICATA
- RMS Automotive (U.S.), for RMS Automotive Inventory Management Solutions
The International Fleet Hall of Fame Award celebrates industry leaders who, during their careers, have significantly contributed to the development of their own business and industry, and to the professionalism of the international fleet management profession in general.
This year, the latest entrants to the International Fleet Hall of Fame met in Paris in early September to screen the international decision makers and select the 2017 nominees. From the beginning of October until yesterday 13 November the fleet communicaty had the opportunity to vote for the 2017 inductee.
Here are the 4 nominees for this prestigious recognition:
- Tim Albertsen, Group Deputy CEO, ALD International
- Huib ter Braak, Director of the Europe & Mediterranen Area, Arval
- Hans den Hollander, Manager Car Fleet EMEAR, Cisco Systems International B.V.
- Simon Dransfield, General Fleet & Business, Europe, Jaguar Land Rover
Stay tuned to discover the 2017 winners announced during the Fleet Europe Awards Ceremony on 6 December in Estoril (Portugal).