European Fleet Managers’ Association expands and rebrands
Goodbye EUFMA, hello FMFE. Neither combination is much help in Scrabble, but the name change is important nevertheless, as it points to an expanded role for the European Fleet Managers Association.
In March 2018, the fleet associations from the DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) founded the European Fleet and Mobility Management Association (EUFMA). The aim was to intensify their collaboration, also in a wider European context.
That ambition has proved successful, as various associations and organisations from outside German-speaking Europe have joined EUFMA.
In order to further develop a strong Europe-wide network and gradually integrate more European associations and organisations, representatives from all countries involved recently met in Vienna, to prepare EUFMA for the future. Here’s what they decided:
- The Association will become a Federation, more specifically the Fleet- and Mobility Management Federation Europe (FMFE);
- The initial members of the FMFE will be the associations from Spain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the UK;
- The Association had a President, but the Federation will merely have a Spokesperson. For a period, the choice was for Axel Schäfer, Managing Director of the German Federal Fleet Management Association. The post will rotate annually from October 2020;
- All member organisations will offer cross-border services to their members. Companies with multinational fleets will thus be able to draw on the knowledge of various national associations;
- A platform will be created offering information from the various countries. Benchmarks and international studies will be drawn up;
- The renovated organization will also discuss the establishment of European standards for fleet and mobility management.
"We have already set ourselves some exciting tasks that we will tackle together at the European level," says Mr Schäfer.