Stellantis Pro One: 6 Commercial Vehicle Brands under one Roof
Stellantis has announced a strategic initiative in the commercial vehicle sector. Named "Pro One," this ambitious project aims to strengthen Stellantis' position as a global leader in commercial vehicles by joining the strengths of six brands under one umbrella: Citroën, FIAT, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, and Vauxhall.
The Pro One strategy is set to revolutionize the commercial vehicle market, offering a comprehensive range of class-leading vans, pickup trucks, and micro-mobility options. It will also introduce state-of-the-art electrified propulsion systems, create a connected converter/upfitter ecosystem, and provide fully connected vehicle technologies. Pro One's overarching goal is to maximize the efficiency, minimize costs, and enhance profitability for professional customers.
The Pro One initiative aims to double commercial vehicle net revenues by 2030 compared to 2021, achieve a 40% electric vehicle (EV) sales mix, and generate €5 billion in service revenues.
Key Highlights of the Pro One Strategy
- Renewed Van Lineup to be presented on October 23rd: second-generation zero-emission powertrains, a hydrogen solution, full connectivity, and advanced autonomous driving assistance systems
- North American Electrification: electrified van and pickup offerings for North America, including the Ram ProMaster EV and the 2025 Ram 1500 REV
- Comprehensive Product Offering: vans, pickups, and micro-mobility solutions
- Zero-Emission Leadership:hydrogen, retrofit solutions and a second-generation BEV with more range
- Tailormade Customer Experience with over 20,000 dedicated touchpoints worldwide, a charging ecosystem (through Free2move Charge), financial offers (through Stellantis Financial Services), and a new digital converter/upfitter ecosystem to reduce lead times
- Connected Services: 100% of new vans and pickup trucks connected by the end of 2023
- Global Manufacturing Footprint: 15 commercial vehicle plants across Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, and Africa
Retrofitting, Upfitting, Conversion
Stellantis is pioneering a retrofit program with Qinomic, leveraging its Circular Economy expertise to extend the lifespan of existing internal combustion van fleets by offering an affordable and reliable electrification conversion.The strategy brings converters and upfitters together with customers, retailers, and the manufacturer in a seamless digital customer journey, reducing production and delivery lead times. A fully digital ecosystem provides shared access to expedite conversions, and the new e-Power Take Off (ePTO) innovation utilizes the vehicle's installed energy instead of adding additional batteries for electrified conversions.
With the objective of having 100% of its new vans and pickups connected by the end of 2023 and over-the-air updates starting in 2026, Stellantis plans to introduce new service packs focused on business continuity and efficiency. These packs will offer digital maintenance monitoring, eco-drive coaching, task management, and charge management software to optimize electric vehicle fleets and reduce fleet downtime and total cost of ownership.
Xavier Peugeot, Senior Vice President of Stellantis Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, sums up the Pro One strategy, saying, "The renewal of the entire Stellantis van range, based on second-generation electric offers, along with the electrification of four pickups from 2024 onwards, are at the heart of the 'Pro One' project based on a 360-degree, customer-centric approach and the ambition to reinforce our international leadership in commercial vehicles."
Picture Credit: Shutterstock 2040283679