The Fleet Europe IAA Top 10 - in video
There is no denying that more affordable EVs are the main theme at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show. That does not mean that all cars fleets will be buying in the coming years will be electric. These newly presented vehicles are likely to be on your shopping list in the coming years.
- VW ID3. It's the car many fleets have been waiting for and heralds a new family of all-electric Volkswagens. Starts at about €25,000 excluding VAT.
- Opel Corsa-e. Opel's evergreen reincarnates as an attractive and affordable EV with over 300km of range. Unlike the VW ID3 it does not ride on a bespoke EV platform.
- Renault Captur. Crossovers in the B-segment, beware: the Renault Captur strikes back, with a plug-in hybrid powertrain as the ultimate weapon. The quality impression is a lot better then first-gen model.
- Mercedes A250e. This plug-in hybrid hatch is unique in its segment - for now. A big battery allows for low emissions and a reasonable range - and it can be charged on a DC fast charger.
- Audi Q3 Sportback. The BMW X2 gets competition in the shape of this coupe-esque crossover from Ingolstadt. No hybrid or electric model announced yet.
- Ford Puma. No real hybrid powertrain, but a zippy 1-litre petrol unit assisted by a 48-volt battery, all wrapped up in a seriously sexy package.
- Skoda Citigo-E. The first all-electric Czech promises sub- €20k electric motoring and 265km of range (WLTP), making it a very attractive A-segment car from a TCO perspective. .
- SEAT Tarraco PHEV. Rather surprisingly, this large crossover is the first in the VW Group range to get a plug-in model - a serious USP. The powertrain is borrowed from the VW Passat GTE.
- Mini Cooper SE. In spite of its fleet-irrelevant body (3-door hatch), it is an interesting option to consider. We wouldn't be surprised if the 5-door model gets electrified as well later on.
- Mercedes GLB. If it's seven seats in a premium crossover body you're looking for: this is it. There is no plug-in model just yet, but that's just a matter of time.