- General points
- When using or registering on the Websites, as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Fleet Europe (www.fleeteurope.com), the Global Fleet (www.globalfleet.com) and e-shop (shop.nexuscommunication.be) Websites and/or when using the NEXUS services, the User is informed and agrees to the collection and processing of personal data concerning him by NEXUS.
- As the entity in charge of data processing, NEXUS has applied for registration with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy, with which it is registered under no. VT0050072359.
The person responsible for processing at NEXUS is Ms Céline Gilson. She can be contacted as follows:
- Nature of the data processed and objectives of the data processing
Nature of the personal data processed
The data processed by NEXUS are:
- the full name, legal address, billing address, email address, telephone number, and the function performed by the User within the company in which he carries out his professional activity, profile (buyer or supplier), level of responsibility at international level (local, international, pan-European, regional, global), number of vehicles managed by the individual, business sector, date of birth. These data are collected when the User registers on the Websites and/or when ordering;
- any information exchanged between NEXUS and the User, including by email, about the fulfilment of orders or contracts;
- bank details that are collected during online payment transactions referred to in Article 5 of the NEXUS Special Terms and Conditions for e-commerce (General Conditions of Sales).
The personal data provided by the User are stored in a file that is controlled and remains at all times under the responsibility of NEXUS.
- Objectives of the processing of personal data
The personal data are collected and processed by NEXUS for the following purposes:
- fulfilment of orders submitted by the User to NEXUS, including the issue and possible recovery of bills relating to services provided and products supplied by NEXUS, online or offline;
- user information about products and services offered by NEXUS;
- advertising and marketing, including the sending of a paper or electronic newsletter;
- communication of promotional offers and the chance to participate in events;
- conducting market research.
The processing of the User's personal data has received the following identification no. within the Commission for the Protection of Privacy: VT005072359.
- Right of access, rectification and opposition
Users whose personal data are processed by NEXUS may at any time and without charge demand from NEXUS access to the information relating to them that it holds. They have the right to request that any incorrect or incomplete information is updated or rectified.They may object to the processing of data relating them claiming just cause, provided that this does not make it harder for NEXUS to perform its obligations.
In any case, the personal data are erased in the event that the User terminates his registration or at the latest on expiry of a period of 10 years from the date of the User’s last order.
- The Users concerned may exercise the rights described in Article 3.1 by contacting NEXUS using the contact details provided in Article 1.2.
- Security and Privacy
NEXUS implements every reasonable means to ensure the confidentiality and security of the personal data it processes. These data will not be passed on to third parties other than NEXUS partners unless necessary for the provision of the service or product ordered by the User or if the latter has granted its consent to such a transfer or if such transfer is required by a judicial or administrative authority.
The User declares that he has been informed of and gives his consent to other companies occasionally handling certain data when providing services of a technical nature that are intended to ensure the correct operation of the NEXUS Website and, in particular, order fulfilment by NEXUS.
The personal data may thus be transmitted to financial intermediaries and agencies involved in these payment transactions, such as Ogone.
- Browsing information
NEXUS collects and stores certain "visitor information" about visitors to its website, such as the domain name and host computer address from which they access the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer used, the date and time of the visit and the URLs from which visitors reach the site.
This browsing information is not linked with data that makes it possible to identify the User and is destroyed after a certain length of time.
Browsing information is collected via cookies. A cookie is a file that is installed on the computer’s hard drive by a web page server; it does not allow the User to be identified, but records the browsing information of a computer on a site. The data obtained are intended to facilitate subsequent browsing on the site and also to perform web analytics. NEXUS does indeed use this information to analyse and measure the use of its sites, inform its partners of the number of visits to its site and offer the User certain features. Browsers can be configured to reject cookies. The refusal to install a cookie may, however, make it impossible to access certain services and features of the Website, and Users declare that they are duly notified of such a restriction.
The processing of the browsing information described in this section may be performed by third parties, such as the US company Google Inc. through its Google Analytics tool.
- Protection of Privacy Commission
According to the law of 8 December 1992, you are entitled to request additional information from the PROTECTION OF PRIVACY COMMISSION<
Address: boîte postale n° 4, Bruxelles, 37, 1000 Brussels
Telephone: +32 (0) 221 385 40
Fax: 0032 (0) 221 385 65
NEXUS is entered under registration number: HM003032780, and has provided information about its files to this Commission under number VT005072359.