The best way to sell used EVs? Find out at the Remarketing Expert Track
Of the many burning issues occupying the minds of Remarketers today, none is more important than EVs. More precisely: used-EV prices, and how they will evolve. Learn all about this burning issue at the first Fleet Europe Remarketing Expert Track of the new year. Join us on 27 January!
Electrification is transforming virtually all aspects of the automotive industry. However, while most efforts and attention are concentrated on the new-vehicle market, the make-or-break part of the whole process may well turn out to be Remarketing, where EVs at the end of their first life are resold as used vehicles.
The entire Remarketing value chain is learning to deal with an entirely new type of motorisation, and its peculiarities. Many questions remain unanswered, including but not limited to the following…
Considering the rapid evolution of EV technology, will the first generations of EVs even be remarketable? What’s the right approach to remarket a BEV, and how is this different from remarketing PHEVs? How can EV batteries be evaluated, and how should that co-determine the residual value? Should governments be called upon to offer support to used-EV remarketing in the same way as they have subsidised new-EV marketing?
The answers to these and many more questions will determine how EV remarketing can be turned into a commercial success. And that will be decisive for the success of the entire electrification effort. For now, the Remarketing industry is having to formulate solutions on its own. Fortunately, it’s what we’re good at.
Come find out for yourself at the first session of the Fleet Europe Remarketing Expert Track, on 27 January 2022, entitled “How to optimise the sale of electric vehicles.” The session will start at 1 pm and closes at 5 pm (CET).
In this virtual session, Remarketing experts will focus on the future supply and demand patterns of used EVs, to better understand the residual value situation and address the requirements to optimise the sale of EVs. Some elements that will be discussed:
- What drives residual value? Presentation highlighting a methodology to position the different drivers of residual value.
- The value of used EVs. Panel discussion on the complexity – and necessity – of determining used-EV residual values. Q&A session at the end.
- Battery State of Health. Batteries are central to used-EV residuals in a way that engines aren’t when it comes to ICEs. That requires special attention.
- Certified programmes. Already today, the first certified programmes are emerging, providing both sellers and buyers of used EVs with the confidence they need to make mutually beneficial transactions.
- The future of BEV sales. Panel discussion on what needs to happen to maximise the value of used-EV trading.
The session will take place with the cooperation of Gold Partners Autovista and Stampyt, and Silver Partner AUTO1, with more to be confirmed. The session is free to attend but requires registration. Click here to get that done.
Image: Fleet Europe