Norway hydrogen explosion: mystery solved
About a month after a hydrogen filling station exploded in Norway, the cause has been found: a faulty valve.
This valve leaked hydrogen which caught fire when it came into contact with the air. Reportedly, the issue is related only to this particular filling station, because safety standards weren’t respected during installation. It is likely that quality checks for hydrogen filling stations will be made more stringent following this incident.
Also read our analysis: Is hydrogen a safe fuel for your fleet?